Master of Software EngineerApply now Job ID R59438 Date posted 10/23/2018 Locations Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We’re a software studio that happens to be at Capital One®. We’re turning this credit card company into a tech powerhouse. And we’re looking for techies like you that can change the course of the game.
We love open-source and working with latest technologies. Whether you’re a big Apple fan or an Android lover, prefer noSQL databases over anything else or like to hack away in the good old Java, you’ll fit in our team as long as you’re passionate about technology. We build digital solutions to simplify and humanize the world of credit cards for millions of Canadians.
Big challenges, casual workplace. Compensation and benefits are pretty good too!
Think it. Code it.
By that, we mean that you, as a member of one of our great Agile teams will be responsible for participating in the design, coding, testing and delivery of solutions that benefit our customers and Canadians in general.
- Craft awesome experiences for millions of users.
- Do epic work with great cross-functional teams.
- Own it. From your desktop to the Cloud.
- Share what you know, learn from others
- Leaders support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- You have the ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
• Provide functional, technical and process leadership for team(s) delivering on given initiatives
• Builds strong partnerships with teams / organizations across multiple sites as needed to deliver on initiatives
• Listens and supports teams in problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision making
• Participate in strategic planning and prioritization of long term engineering plans
• Be close enough to the team to add value and be a competent manager, far away enough to let them problem solve on their own
• Continuously assists in aligning teams to the business and program mission
• Support multiple concurrent efforts and deliver in a fast paced dynamic environment
• Communicate effectively with technical and business team members as well as upper management
• Foundational understanding and experience with Agile, Lean and/or SAFe methodologies
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 10 years of experience in a development role
• At least 10 years of experience with application and/or data design, architecture and development
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Engineering
• 10+ years of experience in a technical role
• 10+ years of experience with application data design, architecture and development
• 10+ years of experience leading the full life-cycle of IT development
• 5+ years of experience with relevant software technologies and languages
• 2+ years of experience with Agile development methodologies
• 2+ years of experience working in financial services industries
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).