Forget the conventional idea of working in a traditional corporate office in the financial sector. At Capital One®, we're re-imagining credit and the way people interact with it. We need curious, creative and passionate people who want to transform an industry that's ripe for change. You'll leverage data and human insights to design cutting-edge technologies; apply your analytical expertise to influence business strategy or harness your exceptional communication skills to offer unmatched, personalized service. What does the financial experience of the future look like?
We know the way to attract top talent is to create a fun work environment that fosters learning and career development, which is why we've created our Analyst Development Program. Our new analysts take part in training both in Canada and the US – hands-on learning through activities like case competitions, social activities and more.Here are a few examples to give you an idea of what to expect as a new analyst:
- Melissa did her Bachelor of Arts with a major in Financial Mathematics and a minor in Economics. She was also a volunteer math tutor. At Capital One, her first role was on our valuations team where she used historical data to model customer credit card behaviour.
- Becca did her Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Marketing. She also competed in case competitions across Canada and internationally. At Capital One, her first role was on our digital analytics team, optimizing our website experience for different customer segments.
The Finance Rotation Program will help you launch an exciting and challenging career as a financial analyst at Capital One. During your two years in this highly selective program, you'll rotate through at least two distinct roles, gain a wealth of experience and be exposed to strategy development and business execution in corporate finance and accounting.
Associates in the Finance Rotation Program take part in comprehensive training offered through our award-winning Capital One University. You'll also receive ongoing mentoring and development advising from seasoned leaders in the finance organization who'll be there to help you excel in your career.As a financial analyst, you could be responsible for:
- Analyzing consumer and commercial banking metrics and performance
- Preparing financial forecasts in support of evolving product and strategy decisions
- Developing reporting and analysis to provide insight into business trends
Success requires rigorous logical thinking, insatiable curiosity, adaptability and exceptional teamwork. As a Capital One data scientist, you’ll be at the intersection of business strategy, mathematics and technology.Here are a few examples of the amazing stuff you may work on:
- Mining vast amounts of data to identify trends in credit risk
- Using a combination of quantitative analysis and statistical methods to develop strategic insights and recommendations to optimize products or programs
- Adapting the latest technologies in modeling and data mining to design scientific tests to maximize dollars spent on new initiatives and marketing channels
- Building statistical models to form the foundation of business decisions and regularly monitoring the performance of those models so corrective action can be taken
Our Process Manager Development program provides structured training and a diverse set of experiences. It includes rotations that give you exposure to different business areas, as well as leadership opportunities and much more. Process managers apply their skills to the design, management and optimization of business processes.
You'll work with extended teams across the enterprise and supply chain structure to ensure that our business processes are performing optimally and that business strategies are implemented within quality, time and cost goals.Check Out Current Postings
As the pioneers of analytics in the financial industry, we're a company that thrives on data-driven strategy.Here are some examples of projects data engineers deliver:
- Data process management system, including backend engine and front-end web GUI to create, manage and track critical data processes, using Python, MongoDB and AWS
- Web-based segmentation tool managing marketing activities
- Data quality monitoring framework to detect data issues, notify subscribers and halt critical processes, using Python, neo4j and various ML packages
- Marketing campaigns that bring our customers the best experience
Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you’re proud of and want to tell your friends about? Do you get excited about scaling applications to millions of users? This is an opportunity to learn more about your craft and how large-scale reliable applications impact the way that Capital One does business. As a software engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to take real ownership of your projects, be genuinely challenged by your work and show your creativity in problem-solving while delighting customers with a fantastic digital experience.Here are some of the things you can expect as a software engineer at Capital One:
- Working in an agile environment, you’ll participate in development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms
- You’ll have a chance to participate in story planning and detailed daily stand-ups while developing code to meet story acceptance criteria
- You’ll have the opportunity to build on your technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and work with senior team members
- You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers!
If you have any questions about recruiting at Capital One, contact email@example.com.
Our Canadian headquarters are located in downtown Toronto across from Union Station. We also have a data science lab in Kitchener-Waterloo.