Manager, Credit Risk ManagementApply now Job ID R144401 Location Toronto, Ontario
The Capital One way.
Yes, we’re a credit card company. But we’re more than that too. We’re driven by what our customers want, and how to make their lives simpler.
We’re always looking for creative ways to offer digital solutions that make sense for our customers. With your help, we’ll build the next generation of banking in Canada based on customer-focused values, compelling products and great engineering.
A day in the life of a Capital One Manager, Credit Risk Management
It’s like management consulting, but better. (Seriously)
As the Manager of Credit Risk Management you’re not just charged with coming up with great strategies that sound good on paper, but are asked to bring them to life through end-to-end delivery, measuring their impact through testing and monitoring, and ultimately being accountable for both P&L and customer outcomes.
You’ll lead a team to gather and visualize data, storytell through presentations, collaborate with experts in areas like legal and technology, and influence senior leadership on critical decisions. You’ll work with coding languages like SQL to query data, use spreadsheets and python-based notebooks to organize it, and slides to present it, along with a number of other modern analytics tools. We work in agile, cross-functional teams so you’ll also have the opportunity to learn from others like Data Scientists, Process Managers and Brand Strategists too.
As a Analytics Lead at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You’ll team up with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
What you’ll be doing,
Placing you centre stage in a business built on rigorous analytic marketing & risk management, your responsibilities will include;
- Credit Risk Management – leading the oversight and management of our Consumer Lending programmes from a ‘second line’ perspective. Spotting any potential unidentified risk and ensuring a policy and infrastructure that supports risk management
- Challenging the status quo and any established thinking; whilst still supporting the shaping of the strategic intent for products and direct-to-consumer marketing efforts
- Support step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behaviour, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Both leading and learning in a community of credit and lending practitioners
What we expect to see
- Deep experience in credit risk management, credit policy or underwriting management in a financial institution or from a consulting environment
- A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics; a strong quantitative orientation matched with conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to combine business experience and insights with econometric and statistical modelling skills to reach results that are both intuitive and technically sound
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, balanced approach to business, and able to take action
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with STEM or quant heavy subject
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 4 years of experience in analysis
- Demonstrated leadership experience (direct or indirect people / team leadership.)
What’s in it for you;
- Bring us all this - and you’ll be rewarded with a role offering a real depth of intellectual challenge as you assess major decisions at the forefront of our organisational transformation
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great leaders through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance
About Capital One Canada
We've been helping millions of Canadians for over 20 years by providing them with access to credit when others wouldn’t. We're on a journey to put our customers first, and keep them there, by building modern technology solutions to simplify and humanize the world of credit cards. We have the positive energy of a startup, with the advantages of a big company.
Working with us
How do we do things at Capital One? We listen — to our people, and to our customers. We change with the times, currently working remotely with plans to move to a flexible hybrid model (remote and/or in-office) in the future. A flexible hybrid working model is one that creates the opportunity to match the work that we do to the environment that best supports that work. We recognize that everyone has a unique working pattern so we’re open to discussing flexible working arrangements that will best accommodate you.
At Capital One Canada the health and safety of our associates, customers and communities are our highest priorities and as a result, our offices are currently closed. When and how we transition from virtual to flexible hybrid will be guided by local government and health authority guidance.
We want our associates to have a voice, and we’re committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We give everyone a seat at the table, bringing together different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences to help challenge the status quo and create the best outcomes for everyone.
We’re focused on helping associates live well—physically, financially and emotionally. When you join us, we support you and those who are most important to you, offering full coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents. We’ve designed our benefits program to be flexible, comprehensive and consistent across our organization. From health and fitness center discounts, to training and professional development programs—and much more—you’ll discover that Capital One is committed to helping you live your best life.Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.