Business Analyst (Senior Associate & Associate)Apply now Job ID R150400 Location Toronto, Ontario
The Capital One way.
Yes, we’re a credit card company. But we’re more than that too. We’re driven by what our customers want, and how to make their lives simpler.
We’re always looking for creative ways to offer digital solutions that make sense for our customers. With your help, we’ll build the next generation of banking in Canada based on customer-focused values, compelling products and great engineering.
A day in the life of a Capital One Business Analyst.
Embedded within a cross-functional team, you’ll bring your strategies to life from conception and analytical business case building to in-market delivery, measuring their impact through testing and monitoring, and ultimately being accountable for both customer and financial outcomes. You’ll spend time gathering and visualizing data, storytelling through presentations, collaborating with experts in areas like legal and technology, and influencing senior leadership on critical decisions.
You’ll work with tools like SQL to query data, use spreadsheets and python-based notebooks to organize it, and slides to present it, along with a number of other modern analytics tools. Working in an agile, cross-functional team you’ll also have the opportunity to learn from other job families like data scientists, process managers, and product owners.
Here are a few of the ways our Business Analysts are helping people take control of their credit:
- Underwriting (Credit Policy & Valuations): Business Analysts are responsible for assisting in developing & maintaining statistical models and the associated credit policies that help us determine who we extended credit to. Analysts in the space perform analysis on credit performance to help influence how we update and optimize our models & policies.
- Fraud: Business Analysts are responsible for developing the defences and policies to mitigate fraud losses for Capital One, creating a safe and secure experience for our customers. Analysts in the space perform diligent monitoring to understand emerging fraud trends and propose actions to prevent fraudulent behaviour.
- Product Development: Business Analysts are responsible for developing the strategies to test and scale new financial product offerings. Analysts conduct market & customer research, and couple these insights with internal data modelling to propose new solutions for our customers. Analysts in this space work with process and technology experts to get new products in the hands of our customers, and iterate upon our offerings based on consumer reception.
Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you’ve ever met, who see the customer first, and want to use their data skills to change banking for good.
Want to learn more? Check out life at Capital One as a Business Analyst!
As a new Business Analyst, you’ll join the Canada Analyst Development Program (CADP), which takes place over your first year with us and involves hands-on training, a case competition, social and networking events, and more.
Our business analysts are deployed across all areas of our business - product design, fraud, customer acquisition, marketing, and more - and analysts over time get the opportunity to rotate to different areas of the business to keep things fresh and help them build a well rounded understanding of our business.
- Perform modeling/analytics to assist new product and pricing strategies for various lending products.
- Develop direct-to-consumer marketing strategy and initiatives to support business growth objectives.
- Help build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go to market strategies.
- Support step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behaviour, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis.
- Obtained a Bachelor’s or higher degree within the last 2 years
- 1-4 years of experience in a related role.
- Experience in basic coding and/or data visualization (e.g. SQL, Python, Tableau, QuickSight).
(Don’t have them all? Don’t worry. We’ll help you develop the right skills for the job):
- A degree in Commerce, Finance, Marketing, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or a related field
- Experience in basic coding and/or data visualization (e.g. SQL, Python, Tableau, QuickSight). If you know how to build models or write code, that’s awesome. If not, don’t worry as long as you have an interest in and aptitude for learning it.
- Experience in analytical problem-solving
- Teamwork experience and ability to collaborate with others
About Capital One Canada
We've been helping millions of Canadians for over 20 years by providing them with access to credit when others wouldn’t. We're on a journey to put our customers first, and keep them there, by building modern technology solutions to simplify and humanize the world of credit cards. We have the positive energy of a startup, with the advantages of a big company.
Working with us
How do we do things at Capital One? We listen — to our people, and to our customers. We change with the times, currently working remotely with plans to move to a flexible hybrid model (remote and/or in-office) in the future. A flexible hybrid working model is one that creates the opportunity to match the work that we do to the environment that best supports that work. We recognize that everyone has a unique working pattern so we’re open to discussing flexible working arrangements that will best accommodate you.
We want our associates to have a voice, and we’re committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging. We give everyone a seat at the table, bringing together different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences to help challenge the status quo and create the best outcomes for everyone.
We’re focused on helping associates live well—physically, financially and emotionally. When you join us, we support you and those who are most important to you, offering full coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents. We’ve designed our benefits program to be flexible, comprehensive and consistent across our organization. From health and fitness center discounts, to training and professional development programs—and much more—you’ll discover that Capital One is committed to helping you live your best life.Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.